Donald J. Grande, M.D.
American Board of Dermatology
Area of Specialization
Medical and Surgical Dermatology (Mohs Surgery)
Boston University School of Medicine (M.D.) Boston, MA
University of Massachusetts (B.S.) Boston, MA
Boston University School of Medicine Residency Program (Dermatology) Boston, MA
Malcolm Grow Medical Center/Andrews Air Force Base (Medical Internship) Joint Base Andrews, MD
University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics (Mohs Surgery) Iowa city, IA
Dr. Grande started Mystic Valley Dermatology in 1995 while serving as the Chief of Dermatology at Lawrence Memorial Hospital. Dr. Grande received his medical degree from Boston University School of Medicine in 1973. He completed his residency in dermatology at Boston University Medical Center in 1977.
His Fellowship training was at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in 1982, where he received specialized training in Mohs Surgery, Dermatologic and Reconstructive Surgery and Cutaneous Laser Surgery.
Dr. Grande has held many positions on Professional and Scientific Societies including:
- The American College of Mohs Micrographic Surgery and Cutaneous Oncology
- The American Society of Dermatologic Surgery
- The Association of Academic Dermatologic Surgeons
- Association of Military Surgeons of the United States
- Boston University School of Medicine Alumni Association
- American Academy of Dermatology
- American Society of Laser Medicine and Surgery
- International Society of Dermatologic Surgery
- Leaders Society of the Dermatology Foundation
- New England Dermatology Society and the Society of Military Dermatologists
Dr. Grande has received many achievement awards, including:
- Legion of Merit
- The United States Air Force Meritorious Service Medal
- Air Force Commendation Medal
- Award for Scientific Achievement from the Alliance of Air National Guard Flight Surgeons
- Best of Boston, Dermatology
Dr. Grande has many publications, including 87 original articles and 4 invited monographs and book chapters.
He currently serves a Clinical Professor of Dermatology at Boston University School of Medicine. He formerly served as the Vice Chairman of Dermatology at New England Medical Center before becoming the Chairman of Dermatology at Lahey Clinic.
Dr. Grande also served in the United States Air Force for many years, retiring as a colonel.